martes, 7 de octubre de 2008

third assignment

The dark side of the moon (Pink Floyd)

This is one of my favourites work of art. It may not be a typical work of art, not a sculpture neither a painting, but the best art for me is music, so I picked a music album as a work of art.


Pink Floyd is an English rock band and maybe one of the best rock bands ever. It is know by its psychedelic and special kind of rock, sort of an experimental and philosophical music, also known as "space rock". Its an old band; appeared in scene in the late 60s and its last album was made in 1995. They are not playing anymore, at least not oficially.


I heard it for the first time, when I was ten year-old. My father also like it so he heard it oftenly, and I met Pink Floyd thanks to him.


From the name, to the sounds and meaning of the songs, its just incredible. The sound of the guitars, keyboard, drumset and bass, mixed in one music, produce an extremely relaxing sensation. Its feels like going over the clouds.


But the most interesting thing, for me, is how connected with the music are the lyrics of the songs. They are not separated. In fact, they are one, when the singer says "breathe, breathe in the air", he could say nothing but the most elementary act of life, meaning also the need to relax and live our own life. Just live.

1 comentario:

Juan Luzzi dijo...

Camilo,
Granted, there are many things that can be improved, but don’t get discouraged. On the contrary, I liked your post because you’ve made a creative use of the language to write something personal and interesting. Needless to say that I also like Pink Floyd a lot. I still remember the first time I listened to them and the way I felt about their music.
Please read my suggestions.
JL

…………………………………….
The dark side of the moon (Pink Floyd)

This is one of my favourite(-) workS of art. It may not be a typical work of art, not a sculpture neither a painting, but the best art for me is music, so I picked a music album as a work of art.
Can you try again using the suggested model?:
I admit that it might not be …………… : It might be neither ……………., nor ………………….. . BUT since the best art for me is music, I picked up …
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pink Floyd is an English rock band and maybe one of the best rock bands ever. THEY ARE KNOWN / FAMOUS FOR THEIR psychedelic and special kind of rock, A BLEND OF experimental and philosophical music, also known as "space rock".
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why don’t you try to put these sentences together using connectors: WHO / THAT ; HOWEVER :

THEY ARE an old band; appeared ON THE scene in the late 60s and THEIR last album was made in 1995. They are not playing anymore, at least not oficially.



I heard ABOUT THEM for the first time, when I was ten year-old. My father also liked THEM so he often(-) LISTENED TO THEM , I MUST THANK MY FATHER FOR KNOWING ABOUT Pink Floyd.


From the name, to the sounds and meaning of the songs, (its -CORRECT THIS) just incredible. The sound of the guitars, keyboard, drums and bass, mixed in one music, produce an extremely relaxing sensation. Its feels like going over the clouds.


But the most interesting thing, for me, is how WELL connected with the music the lyrics of the songs ARE. They are not separated. In fact, they are one; when the singer says "breathe, breathe in the air", he could say (?) nothing but the most elementary act of life, meaning also the need to relax and live our own life. Just live

Note:
Be careful when using: it’s and its